Friday, July 3, 2009

Cap'n Trade


Before I start my rant, I'd like to report that I do not have access to Glenn Beck's 9-12 Project from my home-based IP address. I am denied access. However, when I am at work, there is no problem viewing and posting. Also, I can log into IntenseDebate, and view those I'm following. Weird. So, I'll be posting regularly to this blog.

Well, no big surprise from Congress. But, does it really matter? We’re just going to vote them out of office (Well, some of them.), right? So between now and the 2010 election they will keep doing whatever they want, with no regard for the American public. What are we hoping for in 2010? Just to vote out the incumbent? Then what? Who will take their place, and how effective will they be? Will all that has and will transpire by then be repealed? Are we going to have our own [real] organized, national movement? Will the Tea Parties be able to muster a better showing? I live in the St. Louis area. A few thousand showed up for the Tea Party there. Every year they have a Breast Cancer Awareness walk/run, and over 60K show up. Why can’t we get the same involvement for our country as we do for cancer awareness? These rallies need to be on a day where maximum participation can be attained (ie. Saturday). It really is time to kick it into gear, and quit with the “Den Mother” approach to this. If we don’t do whatever it takes now (not in 2010), there will be a much larger sacrifice required later.

No comments:

Post a Comment